Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Cut Energy Cost, Get A Blanket...In Theory

Occasionally (well, in truth, I have them everyday), you have these moments where you come face to face with who you are as a person. In these moments the fantasy of who you are in your mind is shattered my the reality of who are in reality and you can run from it no more.  Today was my day to stop running.

In general, I consider myself to be a pretty progressive person. Ok, I'm not an environmentalist, but I recycle my paper and plastics; regularly take public transit or car pool (ok, maybe I do this because I hate to drive);  actively seek out products in eco-friendly containers and, even my BFF is an urban environmentalist.   In my mind, I look for small thing to save the planet that will make a big impact.

But, last night, when the temperature dipped below 72°, I did as I could hear my BFF's voice in my head suggesting, "pull on warmer clothes, grab and extra blanket and put on some socks."   So, when I got home to my cold house, I dutifully pulled on my sweats, unpacked my extra blanket and pulled on my favorite socks and thought,  "Yeah, this could work!"

 ...10 minutes later, I got out of bed and turn on the heat.  Truth is I am not really a "suffer" for the cause kinda girl (at least not when my nose is cold).

No comments: