Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Google Saves My Life and My Wallet....Again!!!!

Like you,  I am in constant search of a solution to my nagging phone issues, that plague me while trying to keep up with work, family and friends.  Frankly, between my cell, home and work phones, I just want to throw them out the frickin window!!!  I don't know if you have these issues, but here are mine:


MY ISSUES
  •  First issue, voice mail.  I don't know about you but I am really bad at checking voice mail.  I manage to check it on my cell. At least once a week, I will try to remember to check my voicemail at my office. But if the only number you have is my home number, good luck ever reaching me or me EVER listening to your message.  I have even subscribed to the web/email voice notification that allows you play messages via the web.  Think that has help..HELL NO.
    • Google Voice Solution:  Voicemail sent to you via email or text using voice to text technology.  So, now I get my voicemail instantly. It is fabulous. 
  • Second issue I have businesses in both Kansas City and Washington DC.   Currently I have a cell phone with "KC" area code (and I always will, I have had this # for more than 10 years) but most of my business and  life happens in "DC".  Sometimes, the DC folks are put off by calling a "KC" phone number. 
    • Google Voice Solution:  Allows you to choose the area code of your google #.  In fact, you can even choose the numbers you want in your number, utilizing the option to have the phone numbers spell stuff.  I was able to choose an option that has the same last four digits as my cell phone.  Sweet.  Easy for me and everyone else.
  • Third issue,  my cell phone does not have unlimited battery power, I am not at home or in my office all the time and it is important for me to make sure that I am available to them, be it family, clients or friends.  And it is too much hassle to keep track of a bunch of different numbers for one person (and let's face it, I love them, but some of my people in my world are trifilin'). 
    • Google Voice Solution: 1 phone number that will ring me everywhere I am . Not only will the number find me, it will ring all of my phone as the same time, so when my cousin goes to jail, I can get the call to pick up her kids (lol, just kidding...not really)
  • Final issue (well I have more but I am getting tired of typing and my hair is almost done), I don't want some people to find me.  Random people who have my number, telemarketers and, let's be honest, sometimes our friends and family. (Ya know I luv ya'll, but it is the truth.) Another honesty point, sometimes we just don't feel like being bothered. 
    • Google Voice Solution:  Call ID, Call Screening and, the best ever, Call Grouping.  Not need to explain Call ID and Screening, if ya don't know what that stuff is then you are not ready for Google Voice anyway.  But Call Grouping is the greatest; it allows you to designate indivdually or as part of a group who can reach you, how they reach you and when they can reach you.  Basically, it puts you in control of your phone. Finally.... I get to control something!!!!
Okay, that's it.  That's all for now.  Oh crap....I forgot the best part....All of these services and many more are FREE.....LOVE GOOGLE ( you know if apple came out with this, it would cost ).   This is going to allow me to cut my phone bill by about $50 bucks a month.  Yea..me.  Yea.. Google.

Here's the link so you can check it out for yourself.  http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

No comments: