Sunday, August 12, 2007

Storm Rain on Mystics Parade

This was not a good day for the Mystics. The Storm rained on our winning streak to clinch their Western Conference bid for the 4th place conference playoffs. Congrats to them , but our bid continues on Mystics fall to the Storm 68-91, down 23 points (our worst loss all season.)

First, as a fan, let me say that going from the Staples Center to the Key Arena, was a bit of a let down. Although, I will admit that the smaller venue was more conducive to WBNA basketball, which draws smaller crowds than the NBA. (Damn shame, one more area Women get the shaft.) Second, let me give a big shout our to my cousin, Donna (my mom's 1st cousin, who like her is ready for the season to end so I will blog about something besides basketball) and close family friend, Kathy and her daughters, Gabby and Tamara. Thanks for hanging out with me in Seattle.

Well like I have said about many Mystics win, sometimes it just comes down to who wants it more and brings that passion. Tonight, the team with the passion was the Storm. Sure, I could complain about how Nikki T's reoccuring knee injury had her on the bench most of the game, or how Delisha fouled out of the game, but at the end of the day. The team that showed up in LA was not the same team that showed up in Seattle. I should know, I was there!!!!!

One thing I can say, the Seattle game was a history making night. Hear are some of the highlights: (This ones for my Republican friends, Yes sadly I am still talking to them.)

The Good: AB joins the 2000 point club and Coco gets her 500th rebound. The Bad: Another Storm player makes history playing us, Betty Lenox scores career high 34 points (last time it was Lauren Jackson for 47 points.) The Ugly: Mystics suffer their worst loss all season crashing an embarrasing 23 point deafeat. Damn!!!

No comments: