Thursday, August 09, 2007

Live From The Staples Center......


When you do LA....the only way to do it is big. So, when I realized I would be in LA on business during the Mystics v. Sparks game, I know floor seating was the only way to go. To be honest, I didn't know what to expect. I knew I was in the home of the Lakers, seating in seats that celebs clamoured for during their season, but I was not prepared for how spectacular the Staples Center is as a sports venue. As a fan, I felt I had won a sports fantasy prize.

Compared to the Staples Center, the Verizon Center is like playing in the hood. In the Verizon Center, the courtside seats are like racked folding chairs; in the Staple Center, the courtside seats are leather and plush. In the Verzon Center, the players enjoy the same racked folding chairs that the fans have to deal with, in the Staple Center, the have a leather bench with Sparks name blazed across and wrapped in the team colors. In the Verizon Center, our scoreboard in one step above analog with 4 sides; in the Staples Center the scoreboard is 8 sides of full digital color. I guess you get the point. Now for the game.

Thank you , thank you, thank you Mystics. If being in the Staples Center is a great fan experiences, winning in the Staples Center is the ultimate fan experience. Big thank you to the staff and Sparks fans for not killing me as I loudly cheered by team on to victory. LETS GO MYSTICS!!!!!!!!!

It was a great game and like the Stars game, the Mystics just brought more heart to the game. It was weird seeing Murial Page and Temecka Johnson play for the Sparks, but I bet Sparks fans though it was weird to see Delisha and Nikki T play for us. Well, whatever, we won 80-75.

Now, on to Seattle. I pray we can repeat this win in the Key Center. Everyone meditate on shutting down Lauren Jackson. Peace.

No comments: